- 1 kg small clams, from sustainable sources, ask your fishmonger, scrubbed clean
- ½ a bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley (15g)
- Lemon thyme
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 shallots
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 250ml white wine
- 400g dried spaghetti
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 dried red chillies
- Large saucepan
- Sharp knife
- Table spoon
1. Boil a large pan of salted water.
2. Check the cleaned clams and if there are any that aren’t tightly closed, give them a sharp tap. If they don’t close, throw them away.
3. Finely slice the parsley stalks, then put them to one side and roughly chop the leaves, chop the coriander and lemon thyme too. Peel and chop the garlic and shallots, quarter the tomatoes and get your wine ready.
4. Select a large pan with a lid and put it on a high heat.
5. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente.
6. Put 4 tables spoons of extra virgin olive oil into the hot pan and add the garlic, shallots & parsley stalks and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Add the dried chilli and add the chopped tomatoes. Give it a good stir and just as the garlic starts to colour add the clams and wine.
7. Give the pan a good shake and put the lid on. Gently shake the pan every 20 seconds or so and you will see the clams start to open, after a few minutes all will be open. Take the pan off the heat. Check the clams and if any still haven’t opened remove and throw away.
8. By now your pasta should be ready. Drain and add to the pan of clams along with the parsley, coriander and lemon thyme and an extra drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Give it all a good stir and serve immediately!
HOW IT WORKS
Find your favourite
Check our calendar of upcoming Celebrity Cookalong dates and dishes and choose your favourite.
Enter prize draw
Buy your ticket to win the chance to join a live video call to cook along with your chosen celebrity. All proceeds go to charity.
Win or watch live
1 lucky winner will join an exclusive live video Celebrity Cookalong with up to 8 friends – streamed live on YouTube.