- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 300g paella or risotto rice
- 3 tbsp dry sherry or white wine (optional)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic
- 900ml chicken stock
- ½ juice of lemon with other half cut into wedges
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley roughly chopped
- Large frying pan, wok or paella dish
- Chopping boards
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add 1 chopped onion and soften for 5 mins.
2. Stir in 1 tsp hot smoked paprika, 1 tsp dried thyme and 300g paella or risotto rice, stir for 1 min, then splash in 3 tbsp sherry or white wine/sherry, if using.
3. Once it has evaporated, stir in a 400g can of chopped tomatoes with garlic and 900ml chicken stock.
4. Season and cook, uncovered, for about 15 mins, stirring now and again until rice is almost tender and still surrounded with some liquid.
5. Stir 400g frozen seafood mix into the pan and cover with a lid. Simmer for 5 mins, or until the seafood is cooked through and the rice is tender.
6. Squeeze over the juice of ½ lemon, scatter with a handful of flat-leaf parsley and serve with wedges from the remaining ½ lemon.
HOW IT WORKS
Find your favourite
Check our calendar of upcoming Celebrity Cookalong dates and dishes and choose your favourite.
Enter prize draw
Buy your ticket to win the chance to join a live video call to cook along with your chosen celebrity. All proceeds go to charity.
Win or watch live
1 lucky winner will join an exclusive live video Celebrity Cookalong with up to 8 friends – streamed live on YouTube.