Lamb Koftas, Flatbread & Tzatiki
- 300g self raising flour – extra for dusting and rolling out
- 2/3 tbsp of baking powder
- 450g natural yoghurt
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 brunch fresh mint finely chopped
- Oil for cooking
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 4 large vine tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 80g feta cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Garlic crusher
- Griddle pan
- Rolling pin
- Food processor – large and small
- Baking paper
- Skewers for koftas
- Frying pan/ Grill
- Mixing bowl
1. For the tzatziki (can use premade), grate the cucumber and place in a sieve with the salt. Put a side while you combine all the ingredients and mix well. Once its ready add the cucumber. Drizzle with oil at the end.
2. For the flat bread, place all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until you have a dough.
3. Dust work surface with flour and place dough on it. Knead for a minute just to bring the dough together. Divide into 8 equal sized pieces. Dust a rolling pin with flour and roll each dough ball out into a slightly bigger hand sized shape and place them between sheets of greaseproof paper.
4. Put the griddle pan on high heat to get nice and hot. Cook flatbreads on each side for a few minutes.
5. For the salad, chop tomatoes, onion and cucumber. Crumble the feta. Mix all in a bowl then add the lemon juice, oregano and oil.
6. For the lamb kofta, place the wood skewers into water and soak if wood ones.
7. Place onion in a food processor to make it finely chopped. Mix all the ingredients together and divide up the mixture into 18 small long pieces. Take the skewers out of the water and place the 2 meat pieces on each skewer.
8. Grill the lamb for around 6-8 mins each side or until golden and cooked through.
HOW IT WORKS
Find your favourite
Check our calendar of upcoming Celebrity Cookalong dates and dishes and choose your favourite.
Enter prize draw
Buy your ticket to win the chance to join a live video call to cook along with your chosen celebrity. All proceeds go to charity.
Win or watch live
1 lucky winner will join an exclusive live video Celebrity Cookalong with up to 8 friends – streamed live on YouTube.