Chocolate, Fennel and Peanut Butter Cookies
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g chunky peanut butter
- 125g golden caster sugar
- 175g light soft brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 300g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp crushed fennel seeds
- 250g dark chocolate chips
- Electric whisk
- Parchment paper
- 2 x baking trays
- Chopping Knife
1. Oven on to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with parchment.
2. Butter, peanut butter and sugars in a stand mixer with paddle attachment or use an electric whisk. Beat until well combined.
3. Egg and milk in a mug and beat with a fork until combined. Tip into butter mixture and beat till combined.
4. Flour, bicarb, baking powder, salt and crushed fennel seeds in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Tip flour mixture into butter mixture and gently mix until combined. Add choc chips and mix until just combined.
5. Break off a brussel sprout size piece of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Place on parchment and press down to flatten.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes until they are just hardening. Put on a cooling rack.
7. The dough will last in the fridge for a week and the freezer for 2 months.
HOW IT WORKS
Find your favourite
Check our calendar of upcoming Celebrity Cookalong dates and dishes and choose your favourite.
Enter prize draw
Buy your ticket to win the chance to join a live video call to cook along with your chosen celebrity. All proceeds go to charity.
Win or watch live
1 lucky winner will join an exclusive live video Celebrity Cookalong with up to 8 friends – streamed live on YouTube.