Chicken Chorizo Stew
"A Mediterranean stew that I have learnt from my dear friend Dr. Ranj Singh’s book "Save Money, Loose Weight", but with my own little twist. It has become one of Aljaz’s favourite dishes that I have been cooking during lockdown, so I am sure he will LOVE having this for dinner, and hopefully so will you and your dinner guests!"
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 150g of chorizo sausage, sliced
- 420g of diced chicken breast
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp of smoked paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250ml chicken stock (fresh or made using 1 low-salt stock cube)
- 1x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 15g fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Chopped Black pepper
- Stove top pan
1. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5min or until soft.
2. Turn up the heat, add the chorizo to the pan and cook for 2-3 min, stirring regularly to ensure it does not burn.
3. Reduce the heat, ass the chicken, pepper, paprika and garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Pour in the tinned tomatoes and chicken stock, season with black pepper and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add the chickpeas to the pan and simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat, stir through the parsley and serve with steam vegetables.
HOW IT WORKS
Find your favourite
Check our calendar of upcoming Celebrity Cookalong dates and dishes and choose your favourite.
Enter prize draw
Buy your ticket to win the chance to join a live video call to cook along with your chosen celebrity. All proceeds go to charity.
Win or watch live
1 lucky winner will join an exclusive live video Celebrity Cookalong with up to 8 friends – streamed live on YouTube.