What about cookies?
Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owner or others. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser only until your browser is closed. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Cookies are used on this website for the following purposes:
- Session cookies: We use session cookies to enable the website to keep track of your movement from page to page and store your selections so you do not get asked repeatedly for the same information. These cookies allow you to proceed through many pages of the website quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. For example, the session cookie remembers your shopping cart selection so will have the items you selected when you are ready to check out.
- Google Analytics ("GA") cookies: Google sets persistent cookies (up to two years) to recognize and count the number of website visitors as well as providing other information about the visit such as duration, route through the website and what sites the visitor came from. This information helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users find what they need easily. Click here for more information about GA cookies. Click here to opt out of GA cookies.
- Google advertising cookies (AdSense, Doubleclick): Google uses persistent advertising cookies (up to two years) in connection with Google advertising on our website to serve ads to you based on your visits to this and other websites and for various other purposes. Click here for more information and to opt out of Google’s advertising cookies.
- Social media cookies: We may use various social media and other third party features on our website including like button from Facebook, follow button from Twitter), Pin It button from Pinterest, share / follow button from LinkedIn, embed button from YouTube, These features may involve the relevant companies using cookies or linking your visit with cookies previously placed by them on your computer in order for them to collect information relating to your visit to our website or your interaction with their services or otherwise. Click the links shown above for further information about the specific features and those companies’ cookie / privacy practices generally as well as to opt out where this is possible.
- Third party advertising cookies: As do many other sites, we use third party advertisers and/or internet advertising companies working for them to fill ad space on our website including Appnexus (see here) and AdRoll (see here). These third parties may use persistent cookies and other similar technologies (known as action tags, single pixel gifs and web beacons) to assess information about your visits to this and other sites. This is so they can track the effectiveness of their campaigns (including whether these advertisements are clicked on or viewed by users and later purchases by such users), avoid showing you the same advertisement repeatedly and display advertisements on this and other sites tailored to your preferences. We do not have any access to or control over these third party technologies. If you would like more information about these practices and to know your choices about not having this information used by certain of these companies, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com and www.networkadvertising.org/choices. Please contact the third parties directly for more information about their privacy practices.
By continuing to use our website, we assume that you consent to use of the cookies outlined above.